Kindergarten students learn about artist, Rob Dunlavey who has created a series of magic marker drawings he calls "Little People". Using geometric and free-form shapes, artist templates, bright colors and most of all... imagination, Kindergartens create Little People in the style of Dunlavey.
1. Students learn about the artist Rob Dunlavey and his Little People characters.
2. Students learn and demonstrate how to draw geometric and free-form shapes.
pre-cut geometric shapes
1. Introduce lesson with PowerPoint.
2. Review/discuss free-form and geometric shapes.
3. Demonstrate how to put shapes together to make a little person.
4. Students may use shape templates and free draw their shapes to create people.
5. Outline with black permanent marker.
6. Color with markers.