Students will create a perspective drawing of an interior space that incorporates the 6 techniques of surrealism.
1. Students will be able to create a drawing of an interior space in one-point perspective including technical skill of vanishing points, horizon lines, and use of rulers.
2. Students will be able to create an interesting composition with details drawn to scale and correct perspective to create a feeling of depth.
3. Students will be able to incorporate 4 of the 6 techniques of surrealism.
4. Students will show understanding and application of pencil, pen, and color pencil.
4. Color Pencil
6. Surrealism examples of Magritte and Dali
1. Introduce Surrealism and Rene Magritte's work with a smartboard lesson.
2. As a class, set up the interior space with one-point perspective using attached worksheet step by step.
3. Demonstrate creating architectural items in drawing.
4. Students will add surrealism items and/or adjust drawing to show surrealism.
5. Demonstration and completion of pen technique worksheet.
6. Add shading with pen, pencil, and finally color to show emphasis.
Students will be assessed based on the attached rubric.
The one-point perspective worksheet allowed me to work with class step by step to create the interior room. I allowed students to work at their own pace while I went step by step using my SmartBoard as the class worked.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[9-12 Proficient] Students conceive and create works of visual art that demonstrate an understanding of how the communication of their ideas relates to the media, techniques, and processes they use
[9-12 Proficient] Students apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks