1. Choose an animal or an insect. Then using books and the internet look up reference pictures.
2. Start planning out which shapes you are going to use to create your animal.
3. Once you have that figured out it's time to get creating. Start making shapes using items and tools you have on hand. Then cut them out. (If students don't have the color of construction paper they want to use, color a blank sheet of paper using markers or paint)
4. Begin gluing your pieces together onto a blank sheet of paper. This will serve as your canvas to work on.
5. Once the glue is dry sign your name on the back and turn it in. (If the paper starts bending place some heavy books on top of it to straighten it out )
This project can be combined with science and math class.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students use different media, techniques, and processes to communicate ideas, experiences, and stories
[K-4] Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner
[K-4] Students know the differences between materials, techniques, and processes
[5-8] Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques, and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas
Paper, Mixed Media
Geography, Math, Science
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.