4 sessions; 50 minutes per session
1. Students implement the principles of art and elements of design into a basic ink line drawing.
1. Large drawing paper
4. Fine point pens/sharpies
1. Have students remove one shoe and place it on the table in front of them.
2.Have students draw the basic lines of the shoe (no shading)from the viewpoint they are sitting at.
3. Have students add other stationary objects and overlap them and create a pleasing design.
4. Make sure students bring or wear the same shoe everyday so they can set up items in the same way.
5. Once everything is drawn, have students ink over all pencil marks and then erase any that still show through.
Students will be assessed based on the accuracy of objects drawn and completion of projects in allotted time.
I developed this project to get students out of their comfort zone ( it's actually a really hard thing to get some to take thier shoes off) and to get them to start thinking about things to draw and implementing the elements of art and principles of design.
Abstract Art, Surrealism
Balance, Emphasis, Form, Line, Movement, Proportion/Size, Shape, Space, Unity/Harmony, Variety
Graphite, Ink, Pencil