A wire sculpture lesson plan that was used in my 9-12 Art I Metals unit.
7 sessions; 50 minutes per session
Students will be able to successfully create a sculpture using contour line.
Students will be able to create a sculpture that is representative of themselves.
Students will be able to use a variety on line types.
1. Practice contour line drawings of face
2. map out contour line drawing with string to determine length of wire needed
3. start forming face sculpture
4. paint railraod board with either warm or cool abstract theme
5. use needle tool and fishing line to attach wire sculpture to backing board
Students will be assessed based on attached rubric
The powerpoint and rubric will help explain the project.