Prepare ahead of time:
Each student should have half of a cup of plaster to carve with, plus make a couple of extras for the mold's "back".
-Pour plaster into cups and let cure
-saw plaster chunks in half.
1. Students complete planning sheet, and choose their final design
2. Transfer design on to plaster piece
3. use carving tools to carve out your design. Add a sprue and air vents.
4. prepare your mold by placing the second half of the cup on the back of the mold and rubber banding your two pieces together.
5. add clay around the seam to avoid any leakage
6. heat your pewter and pour into mold.
7. file casting to remove imperfections
8. oxidize and use steel wool
With any down time:
-Choose a wooden box and paint it black
Finishing the piece:
1. glue finished pewter piece to wooden box
2. decorate with paint pens
3. complete rubric and turn in