1. Students will bring to school old greeting cards to be turned into new greeting cards that they designed and created.
2. Using some of the greeting cards brought to school discuss the design choices the original artists made for the cards.
3. Next the class will split off into groups. Each group will be given a type of card to create.
* Get well soon
* Happy holidays (students choice of holiday)
* Happy birthday
4. Before starting work on their cards have students produce 4 thumbnail sketches of their card 4 different ways. Then pick one to turn into a greeting card. (Take into account the colors and materials used, plus the placement of text.)
5. Using the old greeting cards as a base, start painting over or glue your pieces of scrap paper over the card to cover up the previous artwork on the card. Then proceed to create your greeting card.
6. Once done, as a group present your card to the class for a discussion.
7. Students will complete steps 3-6 by themselves.