1. Lay paper towels or a sheet of newspaper down to work on.
2. Hand out baby wipes and rubber bands to each student.
3. Roll up the baby wipe and place the rubber bands on each end. (To create a circular design grab the baby wipe from the center then twist and tie the ends with the rubber bands.)
4. Now using the markers or watercolor paint start coloring each section with a different color. The wetness of the baby wipe will help spread the color. (This part of the project can get very messy, so have students wear gloves.)
5. Cut the rubber bands off and unfold the baby wipe. Lay flat on a paper towel or newspaper to air dry.
6. Once dry students will have colorful tie dye art to frame or give as a gift.
A fun & inexpensive project for kids to do. Also is a great introduction to tie dying.
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.