1 session; 40 minutes per session
1. SWBAT learn about complementary colors.
2. SWBAT use that information to create a drawing of a hot cup of cocoa colored with complementary colors.
1. White drawing paper
2. Black sharpie marker
3. Crayons, markers or watercolor
5. Glue stick
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
1. Draw a coffee mug with saucer and then outline it with a black sharpie on the sheet of drawing paper.
2. Next your paper will be separated into 3 sections: The coffee cup & saucer, the ground it sits on and the background. Doodle in each section then color them with a pair of complementary colors.
3. Cut out wavy shapes with white paper to represent steam and glue them down to the drawing.
This art lesson is all about having fun. The first photo was made with markers. The second was made with crayons. The third was made with crayons and watercolor using the crayon resist technique.
Colored Pencil, Crayon, Drawing, Marker, Mixed Media, Watercolor