This work sheet allows your students to practice the 4 (5) shading techniques (just using a pencil, smudging/blending, hatching, cross-hatching, stippling). On the back students can learn and practice how to draw and shade basic forms using any of the techniques from the front.
4 sessions; 40 minutes per session
1. SWBAT Define Value
2. SWBAT Define Blending/Smudging
3. SWBAT Define Hatching
4. SWBAT Define Cross-Hatching
5. SWBAT Define Stippling
6. SWBAT Define Form
7. SWBAT Demonstrate each of the shading techniques
8. SWBAT Draw each form
9.SWBAT Shade each form to make it look 3d
1. A worksheet per student.
2. #2 Pencil
3. Thin tipped markers (optional) I like to use the markers for hatching, cross-hatching, and stippling instead of a pencil.
5. Blending stumps, tortillons, tissues (whatever you want for blending/smudging)
Catriplett111/15/2019 at 10:36am
I use this practice lesson to lead into many of my drawing projects (especially at the beginning of the year (semester/quarter). I used this as a lead in to the Alphabet Monster resource.
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.