An Organizer to help students develop a written Artist Statement, which includes a Critique of their own work. It can be used to structure an essay, a slide show or an oral presentation. I designed this as a Final Project, that students would base on three completed artworks from their art class.
4 sessions; 35 minutes per session
1. SWBAT write an artist statement
2. SMBAT define and use an art critique.
3. SWBT present their artwork, statement and critique in written form, digitally or orally.
1. Technology to photograph and upload their work.
2. Technology to write their 'Artist Statement and Critique'essay.
3. Three examples of their artwork done in class from the school year
1. See Worksheet/Essay Writing Organizer
2.Select 3 pieces of artwork you want to feature in your essay.
3.Begin filling it in.
4. Photograph your work, and upload it to your document, per instructions in Worksheet