Students learn about Peter Max and choose an option for creating digital illustrations inspired by his work.
5 sessions; 45 minutes per session
1. SWBAT create a list of characteristics of Peter Max's "cosmic" artwork based on observation.
2. SWBAT understand and apply knowledge of color in their work.
3. SWBAT create and apply gradients to selections within a document in Adobe Photoshop.
4. SWBAT build their own shapes in Adobe Photoshop.
5. SWBAT edit and apply layer styles.
6. SWBAT create a digital "cosmic landscape" in Adobe Photoshop applying the tools and processes they have learned.
OR 6. SWBAT create artwork featuring an "icon" in the style of Peter Max.
1. Adobe Photoshop*
*If you don't have access to Photoshop you could used the web based www.photopea.com or use the same style in traditional media.
-Slides presentation with information about Peter Max and his artwork
-Discuss design elements that become his style
-Demonstrate tools and processes
2. Students work on project following steps in slides presentation