10+ sessions; 80 minutes per session
1. SWBAT learn about one number each day.
2. SWBAT create artistic cutouts of each number made out of recycled cardboard.
1. Recycled cardboard (cereal boxes, etc.)
2. Acrylic paint
3. Paint brushes
4. Cups filled with water to clean off brushes.
8. Construction paper
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
Each day students will learn about one number. Then create a cutout for that number.
1. Have students trace printouts of numbers onto a sheet of cardboard.
2. Carefully cut out the number.
3. Using acrylic paint, paint a design on your number. Let dry.
4. Once dry tape or glue your cutout onto a piece of construction paper.
Can be combined with Learning letters lesson plan to help students learn the alphabet.